BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Those Pass-Along Fill-Out Things...

So I originally intended to post the first edition of my "On Writing" series (which really makes me sound serious, doesn't it?), on description. But, you see, I happened upon those little fill-out things that you find on people's blogs when they don't know what else to post. While no one really cares to read what I say on them (why would they?) I will now post a couple and get it over with. Well, after this word about fortune cookies, anyway:

I got a fortune cookie the other day. Well, I found it in the van. I don't know how long it had been there, but it was unopened, so I decided to eat it. So I opened it and...well, the fortune read like this:

"Here we go: Moo-shu cereal for breakfast with duck sauce."
So, I was just slightly confused. A teeny-tiny bit. I mean, most fortunes are something like:
"Freed from desire, you can see the hidden mystery."
But this moo-shu cereal ordeal is the most preposterous...well, anyway. On to better and more enlightening things!
IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool - first songs only
Opening Credits- Hey Jude- The Beatles
Waking Up - Killer Queen- Queen
First Day of School - I'll Stay With You - Goo Goo Dolls
Falling in Love - Pride (in the name of love) - U2
Fight Song - Help - The Beatles
Breaking Up - Charlie- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Prom - You Really Got Me -Van Halen
Life's Ok - That's All - Genesis
Mental Breakdown - I'll Sue Ya - Weird Al
Driving - Could it be Forever - Partridge Family
Flashback - Strawberry Fields Forever - the Beatles (AGAIN!!!)
Getting Back Together - Tell Me Baby - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Wedding - Storm in a Teacup - Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Night Before the War - What is and What Should Never Be- Led Zeppelin
Final Battle - I Want You Back Where You Belong -.38 Special
Moment of Triumph - Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
Death Scene - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - U2
Funeral Song - The Saints are Coming - Green Day and U2
End Credits - Love Isn't Always On Time - Toto

1. What is your occupation at work? I work for my dad some, and babysit occasionally...now you understand why I'm always complaining about not having money
2. What color are your socks right now? White, gray and blue, but in a minute they will magically transform into purple, indigo and turquiose.
3. What are you listening to right now? "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
4. What was the last thing that you ate? String cheese
5. Can you drive a stick shift? I tried and failed miserably, but it was a really strange car...
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Either red violet or violet red, and seeing as I can't decide, I think I'd be green, to keep it simple.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My Bible study leader
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I like Sarah if that's what you mean
9. How old are you today? 9 days away from being 17 1/2
10. Favorite drink? Vault...sorry, it has officially replaced Mountain Dew
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? I guess basketball, but I normally only watch football on TV
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yeah, with henna, and no one could tell
13. Any pets? Nancy my Jack Russel/Mountain Fiest and Luke Skyhopper Slashrat Othello Amadeus Loray, my chinchilla
14. What was the last movie you watched? Nicholas Nickleby!!
15. Favorite day of the year? Leap Day. So all the other years are pretty boring
16. What do you do to vent anger? Play heavy metal really loud or run or play guitar
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Baby bear and my cooker set stuff
18. What is your favorite season? Summer, 100% and 100 degrees
19. Hugs or kisses? You can't mess up on a hug, and you can't kiss everyone you love
20. Cherries or Blueberry? Blueberries
21. Do you want your friends to email you back? They do, in time
22. Who is most likely to respond? I suppose nobody, because I don't usually e-mail people who send stuff like this out
23. Who is least likely to respond? In the case of the previous answer, everyone I regularly e-mail
25. When was the last time you cried? a couple of days ago
26. Who is the friend you have had the longest and sending this to? I'm not sending this to anybody, but on Blogger I have known Allison and Nicholas the longest, with the Hargetts being close runners-up
27. What did you do last night? Ate pizza, watched a movie, did math, went to bed
28. Favorite smells? Chlorine, gardenias, raw beef, the beach
29. What inspires you? Music, movies, books, dreams, pictures, the morning
30. What are you afraid of? Being mistaken for someone I'm not
31. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?! Niether. I prefer hickory smokes with everything except cheese and spice
32. Favorite dog breeds? Akitas, Alaskan Malamutes, Boxers, Rottweilers, Huskies, American Staffordshire Terriers, Fox Terriers (smooth coated), Jack Russels, Staffordshire Bulls, Finnish Spitzes, Shiba Inus, and Border Collies
33. What would you have for your last meal? I went to Applebees and had shrimp fettucinne alfredo
34. Favorite day of the week? Thursday (swim and improv!)
35. How many states have you lived in? Uno, my friend, and in the same house, too
36. Favorite holiday? Any holiday involving food
37. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? I've ridden a motorcycle, and driven a lawn mower like Sarah said...
38. Your favorite NFL team? Panthers and the Colts
39. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless? We have 1 cordless and two with cords
40. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? 100 degree weather, at all costs, sil vous plais.
So, there you go. Now you know enough about me to be my twin. Good for you! If I ever have an opening for a Twin position, I'll get an application to you if you're interested.
Bye for now!
~Jessica

4 comments:

Allie said...

Our music tastes aren't so far off. I'm more of a fan of the Van Halen, Guns n Roses, U2 rock than I am modern rock. The only type of music I can't stand is rap or heavy, heavy metal rock.

"3. What are you listening to right now? "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd"

haha. Remind me next time I talk to you to tell you something about that. :P

"10. Favorite drink? Vault...sorry, it has officially replaced Mountain Dew"

*GASP* You are known for your mountain dew drinking....what's the world coming to????? lol

"37. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? I've ridden a motorcycle, and driven a lawn mower like Sarah said"

Haha. I actually never got my motorcycle ride...but I had a lot of them when I was younger, so I'm fine with that. :P

Jessica said...

Oh, sure...rap is okay, but I don't prefer it. I also like most heavy metal. But, yes, sorry to dash everyone's expectations of me in regard to my mountain dew obsession, but there's really nothing like a can of Vault and a ing-sized Snickers bar!

Don't forget to tell me that thing about Freebird...

koragorn said...

Drats... I got all the way to your sock color before I lost interest... I ment to make it all the way through and it had been a good read up till that point but :sigh: those lists defeat me...

I was curious though... Which of those songs on your Ipod is your most favorite?

concerning rap, it depends what type of music it is... if it has a good beat and words that flow together i'll listen to it... ok forget that if it has a catchy tune then i'm hooked (i'm looking at you apple bottom jeans song)

Metal is also quite interesting to listen to, though it can be kinda hit or miss when people are screaming in your ear

Jessica said...

Out of those songs, I like "Hey Jude" or "Strawberry Fields" best. They probably aren't my favoritest songs ever, but then, I don't know what is.

Thank you for your inspiring comments on rap and heavy metal!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin