BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Lines of Verse

Henceforth, Fridays will be devoted to me posting my complicated ramlbings of poetry that I have written in the past during complicated seasons of my life. If you're one of "those people" who find my writing a little incomprehensible, you may tell me so, but I'll probably tell you that nothing comprehensible develops itself on the page when one is very moody and possibly in the depths of despair. Don't worry--I write happy poems too (well...sometimes...), but happiness isn't as inspiring as anger and frustration. Does Bethoven's fifth sound happy to you? No. He was probably banging his fists upon the table in a fit of rage, and thought the banging it had a nice rhythm to it. So may it be forever and always.



"Undefined" by Jessica Claire Barker

Evidence shrouds the
Whispers of shadows
The quiet is loud in my ears
Do you hear something?

My heart beats till
It’s broken in two
Hollowed and empty
All of this for you?

Change walks in my direction
Flames lick the trees that never return
The strident blue waves roar
Above the winds of destiny

My vision is bland; help me along
I wince as the tumultuous fires engulf me
A wall leaned against unstable beams
I catch a rhyme in my hand
A love undeserved

Heavy tears drip on my cold face
Freezing as the shadow hits me
An army rages inside my head
Flower petals a strew
Love is too complicated

Water runs down my arm
Down my finger
Drips on the water
Stirs in the moonlight
I see your eyes glimmer
Out of the corner of my own

Foggy tears eat at my passion for you
Passion seeping from a blatant spirit
Undeserving of a love such as yours
Of which there is none to give

Composed conversation emerges from my mouth
Never hinting at the blood dripping from my heart
Which still beats with love for you
Bleeding ever more with each void pulse

I cannot fix my heart
I go limp
I drown in the ocean of my own soul
Rescue me please
Let me show you how I love you


~Jessica

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wow.... I don't know what to say. "That's amazing" just seems inadequate. I think you captured that feeling perfectly. That's really awesome.

Michelle said...

I've never read your poetry before.....beautiful.

liberating. :)

My name is Elizabeth, said...

Well hello Jessica! Great new blog...I just skimmed through most of the posts... alas, I haven't posted on my blog recently, but I do have some new projects I need to put up there :)

We have to hang out soon! Definetely.

Talk to you later!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin