BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Little Conference – Day Two

1. I drank 3 cups of coffee
2. It’s spelled “Andrew Pudewa”, not “Andrew Pudawa”
3. He gave a GREAT keynote speech which I will probably blog more about on a later date after I’ve read some things he recommended people to during the speech by John Taylor Gatto
4. I never saw the really nice, sweet guy named Will again…it was very sad
5. I concluded I wanted to go into the wilderness to find myself and breech the path into adulthood
6. My parents concluded that they were not going to let me do this
7. *very large sigh on the account of item #6*
8. There was this annoying guy who kept staring at me and started pathetically tossing a football around very near me while his brother helped another family load up their van (which he was supposed to be doing), and we loaded up ours. I made a point to not give him the slightest satisfaction of having any of my attention (aside from noticing how annoying he was in the first place).
9. My mom and I actually TALKED to THE Andrew Pudewa
10. I went to a session on distance education and now I’m not sure AGAIN what I want to do with myself…AAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!! (puts away pirate hat, sword, and eye patch hastily and looks around as if nothing happened)
11. As we were leaving…guess who I saw!!! Keith and Kristen Getty, just walking around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12. Oh, and I saw Josh C., too…he and I said “Hi” and “see you at water polo”
13. Some random kid said I should do gymnastics in the Olympics
14. I avoided my urge to tell him that having not done gymnastics for 12 years and being 5’ 8” didn’t really qualify me for doing that
15. We went to Kabuki Steakhouse for dinner
16. It was yummy, but some lady kept complaining about the freshness of her pickled ginger, and left.
17. We declared her a Sushi Diva
18. We went to Target for dog food and I looked at the clothes longingly
19. I went outside to sing with the crickets……this song (click "more info" on the sidebar for the lyrics), among a few of my own…
20. I fell asleep on the deck of the office
21. I woke up, freezing, grabbed my guitar, went inside, and went to bed

Well, it was a nice day…

4 comments:

N said...

Target's clothes always look nice, but then I go over and look at them more closely, and they're really, really thin fabric and then they never fit me anyway. :D

Most of them are made for a certain shape of person, so a friend of mine can always wear the clothes fine, but they're totally wrong for me! argh.

Anonymous said...

Did you get Andrew Pudewa's autograph? (Just kidding!) Actually, last year at the homeschooling conference I saw someone getting their DVD signed by him!

~Elayna~

P.S.
I agree about the Target clothes - they never fit me either!

Jessica said...

Weird...I can always find something that fits at Target. That's why all my clothes are from there and I feel like I robbed the store every time I go back because I am always wearing something I bought from Target.

I didn't get his autograph. I think I saw some other ladies getting it, though. He's great, though.

blackhawk said...

tell me when your driving so i can pull off the road

Blog Widget by LinkWithin