BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Free Heart

I. My Heart

My heart is standing
Alone in an empty room
Not sure of what to do with itself
Not running from anything
Not longing for someone

My heart feels as if it’s floating
Cut free from bondage
The ominous, demonic burden
Of loving someone I cannot have

My heart feels like it has broken free
It’s soaring high above the trees
But then again, I wonder
What depth there is to me

My heart was never exposed
He never saw who I really am inside
And so I guess he will never know
Perpetually I will hide

II. My Love

When I look at his face
I see it differently now
Just an old friend, a comrade
Not one I long for affection from

I felt as if I knew
And was quite comfortable with
Letting passion blow away
Like a flame kissed by the wind
Smoke is created, winding around
But soon there’s no sign of its presence

I wonder if I am really
Over the love I felt
Reassurance is found in the fact that
While the smoke may still
Take a while to disperse
The flame is lost forever

I have made the right choice
He is no longer “mine”
I am no longer “his”
Our lives will no longer entwine
Our memories lost in the abyss

III. For You

I wish to share my thoughts
Let you know there’s more to me
But I tell you, leave now
Before I hurt you more
I cannot tell you anything
Except what you will never know

I would have liked to
Fall in love with you
But I never can
Alone here I’ll stand

But it makes me wonder-
Who is the one who is really alone?
I am not alone
I have a free heart
Are you the one alone, because my heart has left you?
Loose yourself from me because
Your heart is free as well

~JCB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What inspired this sudden work of literature?

Anonymous said...

Uuuuhhhh.....many, many, crazed thoughts running through my mind...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin