BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Baggy Sweatpants...

Sorry the last post ended so abruptly and without any real meaning, guys. It had almost everything to do with my absent minded self. You see, I was in the library at Wake Tech. We had gotten out of class fifteen minutes early and had fifteen more minutes after that till it was time for the test prep study session thing. So, I thought, this would be a good time to write a blog. But when I got on blogger, I really wanted to read what all my friends had written before I started a blog. So I went down my blog roll and did my reading and commenting and the like, and that took about twenty minutes. It was ten till eleven and I then sat around for about three minutes wondering what to do with all that extra time. 10:53, and I remembered I wanted to write a blog. DARN IT. So I only had seven minutes before I had to dash out the door back to the classroom, only to find out they had started without me. Um...it's all Chris's (Chris'?) fault. He kept insisting on reading over my shoulder. You know I can't concentrate on anything when people are reading over my shoulder!

So I don't know what to write about again. I don't know what happened. I mean, I like blogging. It used to be I'd have all these amazing ideas for things to blog about. But now I can't think of anything useful or insightful or interesting to say. My mind has drawn a blank, and I'm thinking about going to rehab to re-become an un-boring person. A long and treacherous journey I assure you. So sad for me.

I think there was talk a couple years ago of some friend of a friend going to some special rehab on a pirate ship for a most unfortunate sock obsession, though I cannot recall where that came from. It seems these days every celebrity wants to hang out at the local rehab resort. It must be nice there. Once I watched 28 Days (Sandra Bullock, Viggo Mortensen), and that was interesting enough. Almost inspired me to go to rehab. I always am affected by movies that way. It's kind of sad, actually. That is, me being affected by movies about going to rehab in a way that makes me want to go to rehab. If you're like me, don't watch that movie. Just go be in one, and it will satisfy you enough.

I meant to wake up at five thirty this morning, because I had a music exam at seven, but I really didn't have to be here or there or wherever I am or was till eight, because there were some makeup oral presentations by the slackers who didn't show up on the days they signed up to present...I am not a slacker. This is nice information. But you see, last night I was listening to the 25 pieces I had to kind of know by heart and associate with the titles and composers, and didn't get all that done by the time I meant to go to sleep. So I turned the music down really low and determined I would just absorb it in my sleep. Of course, when I have my clock/CD player on "CD" setting, the alarm will go off with the first track of the CD. But the music was turned down so low, that I didn't hear it till 6:15 and the thirty-eighth track, a particularly loud part of the Afro-American Symphony. So if I look like I just rolled out of bed, ate breakfast and came to class, that's pretty darn accurate. Fortunately my hair didn't get too messed up while I was sleeping (for a change). But I think I smell funny. Like day-old-dry-yucky chlorine. Blah.

In other news, Comedy Cafe is this weekend. 12621 Strickland Road in Raleigh, 4:00 matinee Saturday and Saturday evening, 7:30. It should be fun, it always is. :) Um...lesse...I will be taking a shower before going to the audition. What a nice first impression it would make if I didn't. There's something wrong with the skin under my eye. It's red and itchy, except after I swim and for a while after that. I think the chlorine dries it out.

Water polo was fantastic yesterday. I think it was the best game we've ever played. The teams were perfect, and I think it was close to a very high-score tie of some sort. I don't know, I don't keep track of that score stuff. I don't know how Coach does either, considering he sometimes has a problem forgetting and leaving his own family members at various locations...when I'm riding with him, I have to keep either him or his van in sight at all times to make sure I'm not left behind. Hey, we could write another series of books about being left behind by our swim Coach! They would be best sellers for sure.

Well, other than that, I don't seem to have anything extra amazing to talk about. Nothing controversial, nothing amusing. That's alright, though. I'll just leave you all with these concluding thoughts:

Gee, I'm drawing a blank. Okay, seriously. I've been thinking a lot about...*insert interesting blurb here.* Obviously I haven't been thinking at all. My head is full of air. Or things about madrigals and fugues and the like. Well, I have been thinking of ways to make money, because my computer has blown up, and I would really like to have a laptop. Also, if I'm going to have a job one of these days, and be going to school and stuff, a car would be very nice. But I'll be swimming this summer, and so I will only have the weekends off. Then there's Comedy Cafe. I'm just convinced that no one will hire me because I only have a couple of days I can work every week, and then select hours on those days. So, I've determined to get babysitting jobs, work for my dad, and maybe teach a creative writing course in early August or something.

Just brainstorming. I'm sure you're bored to death now. So I shall leave and proceed to go rock out in my car. I have a strange and very guilty obsession with that new song, "Low." Don't tell anybody, and try not to think about it yourself.

Goodbye!
~Jessica

1 comments:

Allie said...

Hey. So I need some more music suggestions...preferably the I-Hate-All-Guys genre. I'd send you a text, but it's 1 in the morning. So whenever you see this, send me a text with some good suggestions. haha. Oh, and I have to say that I also have a guilty obsession with "low". They played it tonight at prom.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin