BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Freedom In-Between

Music and Lyrics by Jessica Claire Barker
(lyrics posted, music not because Jessica does not understand musical notation to any great depths, or at all, really…)

To: My Very Good but Somewhat Lost Friend
From: Your Very Good but Somewhat “Out There” Friend
Verse One:
Where did your imagination go?
I can tell you I sure don’t know
Was it even there in the first place?
If it was, I can’t even find a trace

Why can’t you look at the world upside down?
Run backwards in a circle, round and round
See inspiration in the locks of someone’s hair
In the morning sun, in the midnight air

Channel:
So I will tell you
That I want you to

Chorus
Come with me
See all there is to see
A beach is not just a beach
It’s a place to imagine everything
Look inside, look beyond
See what I’m really fond of
Because I thought I loved you
Till I realized you see nothing in between

Verse Two:
I told you about my dreams
You shrug them off, so it seems
(Don’t you know) there only can my mind really soar
I had thought you would want to hear more

Can’t you see there’s a better world I live in?
Just close your eyes and count to ten
There’s a box you’ve got to stop living inside
While I run in meadows you can’t just hide

(Chorus)

Bridge One:
They say there’s freedom in music
So I know you will hate this song
You’ve got a mind, now don’t use it
Go with the rest of the crowd, get along

Bridge Two:
No fairy tales, no midnight walks
No flower fields, no dreamy talks
No climbing to the peaks of mountains
No splashing through the public fountains
No swimming straight to England’s coast
No time spent reading books I love the most
No floating on a boat all day
Singing to the fish to swim away
No stargazing, or cloud watching
No snow angles…

Tag:
I guess I’ll have to leave you behind
I had someone else in mind…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... interesting song. What inspired this?

As I read the lyrics, I could totally imagine a tune for it!

Alright, TTFN (that's for you, Mark),

-Elayna-

Anonymous said...

Oops, Sorry Marck, I spelled your name wrong again.

-Elayna-

Michelle said...

Those are sad and sweet and beautiful lyrics...I can't wait to hear it performed!

My name is Elizabeth, said...

Ditto to my two fine friends above!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know that I should know this, but I don't. So here's my question, what does ditto mean? I see it everywhere.

Signed,
The Confused Elayna

Anonymous said...

the same.

Jessica said...

The same to what Elayna asked, or "Ditto" means the same? Because both are acceptable. Yes, Elayna, "ditto" means "the same." Thanks to the ever-overly-wordy-definition-giver, Enil...

And for the record, a general frustration inspired this song. I was just thinking about all the things I like to do, and how I don't know if I've met a guy yet who really likes to do any of those things at all.

TBT said...

I am responding here because blogger doesn't have a nice little message feature yet...as far as I know...

Designer babies seems to be a new issue when compared to abortion and even embryonic stem cell research. However, I think it ties in with the others just as well (which isn't a good thing). The influence behind it all reminds me of the eugenics movement that exploded on the American scene back in the late nineteenth-early twentieth century. It's all in an effort to "create" this race of physically and mentally superior humans. In essence, it is evolutionary theory applied to human reproduction.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin