BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Le Papier est Fini!

If you haven't noticed, I've had a little obsession with typing/posting in French.  If it's annoying you, I am sorry.  I just really want to learn more French and I don't have time.  So I am just going with what I know.  That means that if something I want to say happens to translate into French in my brain oh-so-magically, then I will say/write it without much of a doubt (except perhaps on the correct pronunciation....)


So I am done with my last research paper for the semester and I am rejoicing, of course.  Yes, doing the Highland Fling and other dances I am famed for.  I haven't blogged a real blog in a long time.  The last time I told you how I was doing was for that "Tag" thing, and that doesn't really count because there was this thing entailed known as "structure."  I don't like structure.  It bothers me.  Organization is not bad, but structure...I won't even go into how it just messes up things.

So things are about to get drastically different.  I have re-thought my life plan for the 7,000th time since last summer.  Not this summer, just last summer.  I am going to stop having getajobaphobia and I am, instead, going to get a job.  I really want to work at either a bookstore or a pet store.  I am working on a write-up on everything about myself, putting my social security number in big print on the cover page, and giving that package to random people I see in stores.  

Next semester I am not going to go to college.  Every time I sign up for a college class I forget all the negative things like sitting in classrooms, being lectured, writing papers, taking tests, being told what to do, and things like that.  For the rest of my life I am vowing not to make that mistake again.  I DO NOT like being told what to do.  I am going to do what I want...and that is...

1)  Study music theory
2) Study creative writing more intensely
3) Read more books
4) Write more (poetry, stories, etc)
5) Compose more (like, music, you know?)

These would be done when I am not working, of course.  And I am going to use my money to either travel the world, buy myself a house (in North Carolina.......), or as my own marriage dowry or something.   Or maybe just...oh, never mind.  

In other general news, we got our piano tuned yesterday.  It's an understatement that I am quite ecstatic.  We haven't had it tuned since we got it 14 years ago...sad.  So now it sounds next to wonderful.  It's an upright, so it will never sound like a grand, but it's pretty pretty!  Also, Saturday I got to go to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert!  It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!  And that is also an understatement.  I'll be talking about it for the next decade.  :D

I really need to be getting on important things like chores since I haven't done much because I've been working on my paper.  It is a terrible paper.  I will fail the class.  < /low self esteem >  That's okay though!  I really don't care.  I enjoyed it, but what do grades matter when I'm not going to go to college and I am not going to change my mind about going to college???

I will write again soon.  I have to write lots of tiny paper summaries for my classes and study for a couple of finals (ugh...I sound so school-ish...I disgust myself), but I think I will have more time because I don't have to spend so much of it thinking about something I don't want to think about.  Isn't that liberating?  I'm considering re-naming this the Blog of Liberation again!

Anyways, talk to y'all later!
~Jessica

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

*shudder* I hate classes. What you learn is not worth all the pain. Homeschooling is so awesome.

Your plan sounds so nice. *wishes desperately that an amazing life plan would appear* I just have a huge black hole between what's happening right now and the huge question mark in my future of ever getting married. It's very depressing.

Yay for getting pianos tuned! My old piano wouldn't hold a tune for more than 24 hours, so we didn't bother with it that often. So when I got my new piano it was kinda like finally getting the piano tuned. Anyway. All that to say that I understand your ecstasy.

Anonymous said...

About a month ago I came up with a plan for the next couple of years because I was tired of changing my mind, and I decided that unless something really big came up, I wouldn't change this plan. Since then two different things have come up and I am reworking the plan :) But it felt so good to have it all figured out (or so I thought)!

Thanks for the link :)

Jessica said...

I know, Lizzie...I will forever be homeschooled! :D

That's a good idea, Rebecca. I should just stop creating plans that I don't stick to because I am noncommittal. I should make one and stick to it, just like I would have one husband and stick with him... :P

You're welcome. I've wanted to put up a link but I wasn't quite sure if it would work for non-blogger blogs. It does, so I am happy! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin