BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

As I Sit Here Quietly

The evening is warm
Are we so close?
Hands are cold
A quiet drive home

Transcribing words in my head
Seems like my thoughts are all dead
Dusk comes and I say goodbye

Can you whisper melodies
Can they echo in the silence
Is there a way to tell a friend
A desire never murmured before?

To find a pair of green eyes
Against a mask of ivory
Are they surprised to see
My blue ones among the rest?

I am not the only one who hears
The inseparable polyphony…

Did you dream about me too?
Is it all different now?
I’m taken aback
How did this ever come about?
Such good friends, the three of us
Yet something separates us all…

~JCB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right nice!

Jessica said...

Why, I thank ya kindly. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin