BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Since I'm Feeling Opinionated...

....I will express some of my opinions right now:

I think...

1. "Little" Fugue in G Minor by J. S. Bach should be TSO-afied.

2. We should all go back to the old days where girls were ladies and guys were gentlemen

3. Summer is the best season

4. Orchids are the best flower to give a girl, because they are really interesting and last longer than roses

5. Anything tastes better when had with a Vault

6. Spring break is awesome

7. The two best bands in the world are Van Halen and the Foo Fighters

8. There are other ways of learning besides classrooms and text books

9. There are other ways of becoming specialized in something besides majoring in it for college

10. Water sports are better than any other sports

11. Emotional intimacy should be saved till engagement; physical intimacy (kissing and beyond) should be saved till after the wedding vows

12. Dating is pointless unless both parties are seriously aiming for marriage, and wanting to see if the other person is possibly the one whom God has chosen for them--why just do it for fun, or why do it just to be with someone, when you can go out with other friends casually, or share your deepest thoughts with close friends of the same sex?

13. Dating while in highschool is time-consuming and emotion-consuming, so why do it when you really should be concentrated on school? Also, refer yourself to #12

14. Green is the best color--Happy Saint Patrick's Day, by the way!

15. One shouldn't be asked to refrain from buying green things unless it is vital to one's health or making too big of a dent in the cash supply

16. It is perfectly fine to have green be one's favorite color but somehow end up always buying blue things anyway--it's not going to hurt anything or anyone...unless that person wants to keep up a "green is my favorite color" reputation or something.

17. It is also perfectly okay for someone whose favorite color is green but who usually buys blue things to suddenly turn around and buy something green, as, again, it doesn't hinder anybody, unless that person wants to keep up his or her (to be *groan* bloody politically correct) reputation of liking green but always buying blue things

18. It is okay for someone to write a blog entry justifying everything that someone does

19. It is not okay for someone to have a blog, be a really good blogger in that they are pleasant to read, and then not ever post anything

20. It is not okay for bloggers to post posts so sparsely that every post is only an explanation about why they have not posted in a while

21. It is fine for friends of those bloggers to complain about them in a teasing way on their own blogs, which they update quite frequently, thankyouverymuch

22. Being politically correct is SO overrated. I cannot STAND IT but now I get points taken off my paper if I am not politically correct or something like that...something around the lines of "pronoun-antecedent aggrement"...yeah, yeah, yeah.

23. Femenism is also overrated. I think it's ridiculous. I wish it would go away. That's why most of the female population votes for Hilary anyways. Not because she'll make a good president, but because she's a girl. A role model for strong women in the community or some BS like that. I'm sorry about being so borderline-expletive here, but it's true!!! Even when I was little and had no clue what femenism was, it bothered me. It was the theme that ran through all that American Girl doll stuff, and I just thought it was so annoying, so I ignored it and played with my dolls.

24. Capitalization and punctuation should be enforced around here

25. No Shakespeare should be translated into IM-lingo to make it easier for our dumbed-down culture to read

26. I'm hungry.

27. It's time for lunch

28. ???

29. Sorry, I just want to end on an even and round number...

30. Ah.

Well, thank you for listening to my ramblings...if you made it this far, that is. Feel free to add anything to them...agree or disagree, I don't mind. Goodbye!

~Jessica

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAA!! i feel convicted...my last two posts have been about why i haven't posted alot...MY SIN IS GREAT!!!! HOW CAN I BE REDEEMED??!?!......but then if that does aply then i'll take the rest of that one as a compliment :D

Anonymous said...

I was talking about the population of good rare-bloggers in general.

And you usually are pretty diligent at turning them out, so it doesn't really apply to you. I do keep reading your blog, though, for some strange reason...

Anonymous said...

oh...so much for a compliment...whatever...

Anonymous said...

I DID say you were DILIGENT!!! That's a compliment, isn't it??

Anonymous said...

sort of...if it was spelled right maybe...but its never something i've been accused of :D

Allie said...

ok, so I figured I'd respond to a couple of these. I totally agree with #2. I disagree with #7 kinda. Van Halen, yeah. But I like Guns n Roses more than the Foo Fighters. Number 11 I kinda disagree with as well...I used to be all for saving my first kiss until my wedding vows. Now, however, I do intend on kissing (well, depending on what my future husband wants) before the vows. But, this is only with the stipulation that we will be getting married, therefore I wouldn't be kissing some random guy. Feminism is overrated and is the main thing I don't like about Meredith.

And finally, I'm feeling convicted about my posts as well...*cringes while awaiting Jess's wrath*

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lizzie said...

*sigh* But obviously you're not feeling convicted enough to try to remedy your mistake in hopes of escaping your punishment. 'Tis a pity. :P

I agree with 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and especially 15. :P And 20-23. And 26 and 29. =D

(Sorry about the deleted comment. I just wanted to add #3. I dunno how I missed it...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin