BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

It Still Beats

It occured to me a few moments ago while I stood at the piano trying to play "Bad Day" with part of a banana hanging out of my mouth that perhaps I should post another poem on here. I wrote it sometime near the end of last summer, but somehow it describes kinda how I feel even now, but in a different way than it did when I wrote it...if you know what I mean. Anyway, here it is...


IT STILL BEATS

A love not returned
A blow to the heart
Paralyzed with dread
Hopes for something else

Lives inside a bubble
Wanting what is not
Believing nonexistence
Is the key to life


Found one day it would find love
One day it would live
If only it were patient
And took the time to give

But that lonely heart it
Could find nothing more
Than its petty brokenness
That it seemed to store


A deep void inside
Begging to be filled
A thirst for revival
Parched with need for faith

Somehow it still beats
Wanting a new future
At the mercy of emotion
Worshipping the god of Pain


Sought out its lonely figure
Looking inside itself
Finding nothing of worth
Forever no avail

The selfish, bitter heart it
Cowered when the light shone
Didn’t know it was something
To help it find its way home

A single lightning bolt
Could bring it down right now
And somehow it would still beat
Though shriveled up inside

A vacancy there is
I hear the door closing
Forevermore cut off
But it still beats

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin