BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Huzzah!

VICTORY is MINE, I tell you!! I have TRIUMPHED over ALL!!! I will now RULE the Universe and everyone shall love me and DESPAIR!!

Truth is, I got my license. *waves miniature British Columbian flag* I seriously thought I would die beforehand, die during test, and/or die sometime afterwards, out of shock of a) not passing, b) passing or c) passing but then pulling a "Nicholas" and getting in an accident the day afterwards. Fortunately, I did not do anything before a, b, or c, nor did I do a, b, or c. I got my license yesterday afternoon, and this morning I drove myself to Wake Tech. THAT was WEIRD, to tell you the truth. But, to stay with the theme of the blog, quite liberating. I even tried a new way of getting home that I had never gone before. I talked to myself the whole way, and then concluded to myself that my parents had better let me start listening to music in the car pretty soon, or I might be rendered insane, by those people who render other people, because of talking to myself too much.

All I can say is that I am happy that by the grace of God (I was praying very hard) I did NOT have to do my driving test with that grumpy lady I had a brush-up with. You see, my dad went to go get some dollars from the bank down the street because we had none (not enough, anyhow), and once he left, the line decided to move very quickly, and I walked up to the lady as I was the next in line, and I said dad would be right back. She looked at me like I was some crazy teenager trying to get her license all by herself (wow...mind reader!), and told me that dad had to be there to sign some insurance form something-or-other, and that until he showed up, I had to go sit over in the uncomfortable green chairs next to the coffing girls in their skinny jeans and Gucci sunglasses and highlights. So I TRIED hard not to glare back and was antsy the whole time as I waited for dad to get back, and that's when I began praying and my prayers were answered when SHE LEFT!!! She took another victim to go driving, and my dad and I (when he got back) were finally summoned by the really nice 60-ish guy who had given me the sign test oh-fifteen-hundred-million years ago. To my complete astonishment, I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoopdie-doo.

Well, you may throw flowers if you wish.

~Jessica

8 comments:

Lizzie said...

Yay!!!!!! Congratulations! *throws flowers*

Allie said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad you didn't get that lady...that wouldn't have been fun! Now you can drive to see me sometime. haha. :P

Sarah said...

*Throws flowers*
*Sharp pointy thorn hits Jessica's eye....
*squeaks out an apology as Jessica's screams fills the air*
*Decides never to throw flowers again at least not roses*

Sarah said...

Haha, glad you did not pull a "Nicholas"! Sorry about my sister and the thorn in your eye, she does crazy things like that sometimes :p

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's alright...it's healing nicely now. Thanks everyone!

Lizzie said...

I feel kinda bad leaving a comment like this on a post that deserves congratulations... but as I already congratulated you, I don't feel too bad.

Where on earth were you today, and how dare you not inform us that you weren't coming!?! JK. =D

But I am somewhat curious as to where you were, I hope you're not sick or anything, and maybe I'll see you tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

Definately. I just had a paper due this morning that I needed to spend lots of time on...I'll be there today for water polo and I'll make up Tuesday tomorrow

Marck said...

I just got sqished (sp?) by an 18 wheeler the other day, and now I have a full body cast!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin