BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 3, 2008

This song didn't remain the same

So...about a year ago, I started writing this great song on the guitar that (in my opinion) sounded wonderful. The lyrics meant something, the tune was borderline celtic (basically, anyway) and it made me happy! I never finished the lyrics, though, until a couple months ago, when I was very depressed about something and the depression was sort of connected to the happiness I had felt earlier when I wrote the first part of the song, so I thought it was only fitting that I continue the song with this sort of depressing conclusion. Not a resolution, a conclusion. It's the lyrical version of Medeival -style classical music.

The problem is, while the beat went along with the rest of the song, the words didn't. I mean, the meter was fine, but how can a happy-go-lucky-semi-celtic song go with such bloody sad lyrics? So, in essence, the song failed itself, and I have a feeling it will never repair. So, I present:

THE RAINFOREST

Hollow eruptions
Are heard in the rainforest
Faint and distant

Silky gold fabrics
Ripple in the wind
Cool and comforting

Love’s a collision
Playing across the mirror of danger
The morning revelation
Is the bedspread of shadow
A game of delicacy

I’ll see you in
The rainforest
And my song is sung to you

Lost in
The dream world
Our rainforest

(if this song decided to one day be a full song and didn’t get messed up in the adding-on process, this would be a perfect opportunity for an instrumental section, with a flute or penny whistle playing the bridge and verse melody against the background of all other previously participating instruments)
(this instrumental part SHOULD be quite long, not for length’s sake [because it has no need to be very long], but because the break between writing the part of the song above this “instrumental break” and the proceeding “lyrics”, if you will, is 9 or 10 months…)

Reality
Not a place that was meant for me
When I remember
She’s the one you truly love
A silent cry-don’t leave me please!

You leave me now
You’ve taken my heart with you
I gave it away

I don’t know how
I just know
I’ll miss you

I look on with dread
It’s not like this in my dreams
I can’t feel love anymore

Hate and resentment fill my head
This is not how life seems
I’ll die on the rainforest floor…

~Jessica

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wow, that song is really really depressing. I like the wording. But I feel so sad now....

And I feel kinda strange commenting on the poll on this post, but here goes. I picked "Travel the World or Time Travel" mostly because it's the only option I've ever considered. :P

Allie said...

I actually really, really like that song. It's depressing, but it has such depth to it. And the fact that it's kinda Celtic doesn't hurt it. :P

As for the poll, I chose "Travel the world or time travel" and "Climb Mount Everest." Mostly because to travel the world or time travel would be awesome, and to climb Mount Everest would be just as amazing.

Anonymous said...

I like the haunting sadness of the song, I wish I could hear the tune.

I chose "read every book by Charles Dickens" because I love reading and I could do that without risking my neck ;)

Jessica said...

YAY!!! I love Charles Dickens!!! *wipes tear of joy* I thought for sure I'd be the only one to pick that option.

Anonymous said...

:D

Michelle said...

I want to hear it with music!! But lovely, morbid lyrics all the same.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin