BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Understand

Music and Lyrics by J. C. B.


Fairest of light streams down my face
Leaving emotions without a trace
A heart beats when others set the pace
Must you turn everything into a race?
Trying so hard to steal second base
Though I like it when you start the chase
Draped over my chest is a cover of lace
Flowers for one in a hollow vase

Coming one day to
Initiate
I won’t turn away you
Just must wait

Understand
I think differently from you
A new plan
You’ll have to think it all through
In your hands
There’s nothing I can do
Where we’ll stand
A vision so new

Serenity I will abate
Whilst you leave your life all to fate
Again I ask you to please wait
I fear it’s that word you’ll always hate
Hopeful I stand for you at the gate
Admitting I cannot use my heart for bait
If you come at all you’ll be coming late
Who grows more anxious at this rate?

I know you want me now
Just a taste
But if you get your way
It will be a waste

You know one day
I’ll stand and say
I love you too
It’s tried and true
I love you now
Though I don’t know how
So wait and see
Love’s eventually…

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin