BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

I is sleepy...

Yes'm I is! I doesn't kuh-no why, ding dang it!!

Okay...whatever that's supposed to mean...

So this weekend was pretty interesting. First of all, Friday night we got a new puppy! Okay, well, Marck got a new puppy. He's been wanting one for a long time, you see, and well...we were looking on Craig's List...okay, Marck was looking on Craig's List, and there was this couple who was fostering a dog who had recently given birth to eight multi-fathered puppies, who also became foster dogs. We got one, his name is Mitch and he is very, very, very, very cute. There are pictures up on Marck's blog (again, "Marck's blog" is a link, you just can't tell) of Mitch being very, very, very, very cute.

Second of all, we (that is, the Unintentionals and I or me or whoever [just points to self since she's being so grammar-deficient]) did a fundraiser show for the CCI youth missions people. The best part was...the free food. I'm telling you, it's just awesome to work for free food. I'd do shows all day every day if it got me food. The worst part was...the audience. For the most part they were very boring and unreceptive. If you've ever been an audience, I'm sorry. If you were that audience, I'm even more sorry. For you and for me. You know, it's supposed to be funny. Laugh. The kids are laughing! Don't act like 9th graders who think it's too cool to do/like/be associated with such "dorky" things as improv comedy (or anything else, really...[again, sorry for the harsh generalization, all ye olde faithful good non-cool 9th graders out there...]). Okay, enough complaining about that.

After we cleaned up from the show, a few of us stopped by Kroger to get some snacks before we went to Robin's house. Earlier that day over some e-mails we had decided that we would retreat to Robin's for a pool party while doing notes. We got there at about ten o'clock, took a little tour of the downstairs, SOME of us got on swim suits, and then we all went outside for some notes and munchies. After notes, Todd, Chris, Mr. Thoman, Cameron, Austin and I all played some nice, very intense water basketball, which was fun, of course. Everyone else was too dignified to get into the pool...well, except Kathy. She got in for a few minutes, anyway. :) Then, little bit by little bit, everyone went inside to play Rock Star (or some video game that seemed like it had that title, but I can't remember) and Todd and I stayed out in the pool a little longer. We kept saying we would go in and play with everyone else, but then we'd get out, he'd take my shorts, throw them into the pool, and we'd go after them, he'd get them, I'd chase after him, he'd throw them to the other side of the pool, I'd try to go after them, and he'd grab my leg to keep me from going anywhere. You would think I'd learn a different strategy after the fifth or sixth time.

Finally, I took my shorts in hand and wouldn't let go (Don't worry, I still had my skirt I had worn all day and my jeans I wore in the show with me), so we officially dried off, went inside, got dressed, and went to go play Rock Star with the other dignified folks. It's like Guitar Hero, you see, but there are drums and vocals as well as guitar. I was too afraid to try the guitar and the drums, so I just sang some. I did a little "Juke Box Hero" (Dean and Todd failed on me with the drums and guitar so I never got my score), some "All the Small Things" (on which I scored a 99%!!) and "Dead or Alive" (a measly 97%...). Dean made me sing the rest of some Rolling Stones song he had started singing but didn't know, but I didn't know it either, and then we never finished it, so IDK about that. Anyway, we all decided that we will be doing the video game for our regular shows next week instead of improv. That will sure be fun!! Ha ha ha...

So I got home at about 1:30, which wouldn't have seemed so late, except that we had to get up later that morning and go to church. David, Luanna and Barb were tired from the night before, too. Poor us. Anyway, during the service, they called all the '08 graduates up on stage to acknowledge them. Since Covenant is kind of far away from my house, I haven't been participating in any youth group stuff there or anything. Improv is my "church involvement", if you will. So I felt a little...undeserving...being up there with the rest of the kids who actually do youth group stuff. What made it worse was that they gave out books, and I felt like I didn't deserve a book because...well, to the youth leader-people, I probably was just there for one time, taking advantage of their book purchases, up for some free stuff, you know? Okay, so I do improv with those improv people. I've shown up at church events. I'm THERE, you know? So maybe I deserve a book...? But I think the worst thing of all was that I know a few weeks ago in the bulletin I had seen the announcement about the '08 graduates..."send in a baby picture and a current school picture now for a slide show for the graduates on such and such date." When my mom and I read that, she had asked me if I wanted to do it, and I said "Nah," thinking along the same lines as my thoughts I was thinking up there about getting a free book out of the whole ordeal.

So I thought, "Well, maybe we might sit down back in our seats before the slide show starts." And...then...we...didn't. I was beginning to consider asking the guy handing out the books if I could be excused to my seat, but then I thought that was kind of ridiculous. So as the slide show started, I just pretended to be very deeply interested in my book so that I would shroud my face and no one would be able to see that I wasn't in it! I felt a little better when the guy next to me asked if I had a picture in the slide show. I said no, and asked if he did, and he said no. That made me feel comfortable enough to actually watch the slide show.

As I was watching, one baby picture came up that looked oddly familiar to me. Well, the little girl did. So I thought that maybe it was some girl I grew up with when we went to Covenant when I was little and didn't really remember. Then I thought, you know what? That girl sure looks a whole lot like me...! And then the next picture, the current school picture was...MY GRADUATION PICTURE!!! I believe my eyes popped out on little slinkies and my bottom jaw became disconnected from the top and fell crashing to the floor. After putting my face back, I watched the rest of the slide show with a new found confidence, thinking to myself, oh, THAT is what my family was doing that night on the family computer that I wasn't allowed to participate in!!

Well, anyway, that was my interesting weekend. I can't write anymore, because I need to go do dishes...hurrah...

~Jessica

7 comments:

Chris said...

*nerd talk*It's called Rock Band!*nerd talk*

Jessica said...

WHATEVER!!! I knew it was Rock-something, and at least I admitted I wasn't sure... :P

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mitch is "very, very, very, very cute!" As for the rest of the stuff.....

IT IS TOO LONG!!!!!

And which Chris is this, Jessica?
You know, the one above the "jessica said" thing?

HFB! (Happy Fuzz Balls!)


>^..^<

Jessica said...

It's not too long. Your attention span is too short. And it's the Chris from school, not the Chris from improv.

Allie said...

Chris is right. :P I have to confess, my nerdy side is coming out of me when I say that I have played it....not just sung, but played the drums and the guitar. And not just once.... ;)

N said...

That Rock Star game sounds like fun! It sounds like just about the sort of video game I could handle...I am awful at video games, the only one I'm any good at it is "Smash Bros"...stop laughing people...

"Juke Box Hero" is an awesome song! lol What was the name of the Stones song, do you remember?

That's funny about your family submitting the pictures as a surprise! :)

And the puppy does look really cute...I'm not really a dog person, but puppies are adorable!

Michelle said...

Natalie-

Smash Bros = best video game ever.

....besides Yoshi's Story and Mario Party!!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin