BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shifty eyes...

Disclaimer: This is a free write. What is a free write? It's what people, well...writing people anyway...it's what they do to brainstorm. One of the things, anyway. They pick a topic, or maybe they don't (depends on what's on their mind, I guess), and set a timer for sometime...I guess between 10 and 30 minutes, and write until the timer goes off. I do it a lot. Now, you may be saying at this moment, it seems like every blog entry is just at the spur of the moment, off the top of my head, without much organization or consistency or purpose...etc. Right. So that may be true for most things...really, I should read through my entries before posting them. Oh well. I do read them sometimes, I just don't like to, and I'm not sure why...

SOOOO...a free write. One moment while I go on a journey through the dark unknown of my bedroom to find my timer.

Okay. Since the disclaimer was already a little long and ramble-on-ish, I will set the timer for 20 minutes and write away! Oh, topic. Right. Hmm. There are a lot of interesting things I could write about. I'll go ask my brothers or something. Be right back again.

Robert says: "Indiana Jones!"
Jessica says: "Ugh...PLEASE!!! I'm asking Marck."
Marck says: "Recycling trucks."
Jessica says: "What? Why would I want to write about that??? I'm asking Mom."
Mom says: "You got to swim practice today...and look! I planted that shamrock you and Marck bought me!"
Jessica says: "This is just no help at all. And dad's too busy to ask."
Skyhopper the chinchilla says: "I want a yogurt treat."
Nancy the dog says: "Don't you get my lammie toy...grrr..."
Mitch the dog says: "Let me in! It's hot!"
Jessica says: "I should be a little more creative and stop saying 'so-and-so says.'"
Jessica ponders: "I guess I will have to make up a topic for myself, or else I shall write..."

THE IRISH GARBAGE MAN WHO SECRETLY WANTED TO PUT THE WORLD IN A MUSEUM RIGHT AFTER HE SWAM A COUPLE MILES, ATE YOGURT TREATS, FELL HARD FOR A SQUEAK TOY AND WAS STUCK OUTSIDE POUTING IN THE HEAT ALL DAY (and came down a mountain).

Which I believe I would rather save for a different entry. Yes, along with the muffin story...
Okay, before I give up and make something up myself, I think I'll go look in this writing book over here. It seems to have lots of good suggestions.

Nope, never mind (it was-a the POPE!) (okay, enough quoting from Sweeny Todd now. Anyways, I have "Organ Fugue in G minor by Bach in my head at the moment. Great piece, highly reccomended by me. Listen to it with a really good subwoofer).

Now I don't feel like freewriting. I guess it's because my family is so uninspirational. *heaves a very large sigh as thoughts drift off towards images of the swishy hair guy for a moment* *looks at picture of swishy hair guy* *sighes happily again* *reminds self that she's never going to marry the swishy hair guy, so get over it and on to better things* *ignores self* *bangs on her head with an iron skillet to punish self for ignoring her* *she becomes unconscious* *feels guilty for abusing self anyway, somehow, in some dream she's having while unconscious* *the swishy hair guy shows up in the dream and tells her to get back to blogging* *wakes up, sees a mocking bird outside her window and becomes very distracted for a moment* *finally remembers what the swishy hair guy said in her dream* *stops describing actions between asterisks because there are better things to do around here*

Huff.

Well, that's enough blogging for today. I will try to do a free write very soon. I am sorry to throw anyone's very high expectations against the wall. And if you feel, instead like your expectations were dashed on a cold concrete floor of someone's unfinished basement, then I'm sorry about that, too. And if you feel like it was the hot pavement outside, I'm also sorry. If you had no expectations, I am happy to say I am sure I fulfilled them to the utmost degree. And if you had very low expectations, I am sure I raised them up so they could stand on mountains. Now I will go pat myself on the back and eat something (because as it happens, I do like food).

So long!
~Jessica

11 comments:

Marck said...

ROTFLOL! BTW you lost me in that last paragraph.

Jessica said...

Humbug.

N said...

Jessica.......calm down about the swishy-hair guy!!! :D LOL! Did Lauren ever see him?

Anonymous said...

usually I say "it's too long!" but this was very interesting. I like the "Irish Garbage Man" he's cool.

But why didn't you do the whole thing about "Indiana Jones"?
I mean, it's just as good as anything else!

Happy Fuzz Balls!

>^..^<

Jessica said...

Yeah, she did, Natalie...I'll let her tell you where...ha ha. I'll try and not talk about him for a while. But it really is Allison's fault.

Robert, I just don't think I am...as qualified to write about Indiana Jones as you are.

Anonymous said...

Shoot!

Allie said...

hey. wait...it's my fault now??? Oh, 'cause of what I sent you?? ;)

Anonymous said...

Aw, Allison, you are so smart!

The Mattrix said...

Here's just a few I thought of, let me know if you already have these, or don't like any of them, and I'll give you another list.

Portable Sounds - Toby Mac
Fiddler on the Roof
Chariots of Fire
Best of Billy Joel
Elton John's Greatest Hits

Like I said, you don't have to choose any of those, just suggestions. Are there any more of yours that you think I'd like?

Anonymous said...

haha. Well, you did want it...so it's only PARTIALLY my fault. ;)

The Mattrix said...

So you want Fiddler on the Roof? I would be screaming for the Matrix soundtrack if I didn't already have it...I'm leaning towards Gavin Degraw - Chariot. This is a lot of fun, this
little christmas gift exchange in terms of cd's......

Blog Widget by LinkWithin