BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Morning

Some announcements before I get on with the poem:

1. We have adopted a bonzai tree, his name is Edwin.
2. I went to go play water polo Wednesday night with Nathan and Matt, and with all those scary UNC and State people...but it turns out I did all that panicking for nothing.  Everyone was really nice, said I played well, Matt got voted MVP in the first half hour of playing, Nathan told us all about the different good people that were too hard to guard, and other fun things like that.  I can't wait to go back next week!

3. Um...well, I wrote a rough draft that I thought was due today. I stayed up till midnight stressing over it, and then woke up @ five to try and do a little more before I had to get ready to go to music.  And it turns out it wasn't even due!!! I was very angry.

So...

Here we go:

Spring Morning

Looking off to the east
I wait for it to come
And I curse the fog
That settles in and ruins my day.
But I know somehow it’s beautiful
Somehow the moss still grows
And looks up towards the sky.
I don’t understand how
Nobody knows why I only
Want to sit outside and
Watch the sunrise
Feel the cool breeze on my bare
Skin and wonder why they think
That I am crazy when
I say I love to breathe in the
Fresh smell of spring and
Remind myself that God placed
Me here and gave me this
Moment to remind me that
I am happy just to be alive
Right here and right now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! THE POEM IS CHEERFUL! :p
I'm teasing, I've liked the sad ones just as much :)
I admire your gift with words, the way you make them fit together in a way that they really don't need to rhyme in order to belong.

Anonymous said...

wow. strange.

Anonymous said...

the thing about the tree that is. not the poem.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for clarifying, anonymous. ;)

Ha-ha, very funny Abigail. Actually, as I was posting it, I was thinking how much more people might like it because it's happy. Thanks for the compliment!

Lizzie said...

Wow, I LOVE the poem!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica,

Just wanted to say - your new font setting with those flowers and stuff look cool!

-Elayna

Jessica said...

Thanks Elayna...I'm sorry that I changed it again, though...I decided to go with something a little different from what I had before I got my old-now-template.

Michelle said...

nice poem! and nice look.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin