BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Does everybody…and how can they not?

I have recently been the realizer of strange things. I know, maybe I should say “realizist” or maybe even an actual word/grammatically correct sentence such as, “I have recently realized strange things.” But, really, I’d rather refer to realizing as an art or profession, because not all people (myself included) always realize things.

So, I guess I never quite grew out of my egotistical thinking stage in life. Or whatever that is that Piaget says something insightful about. The thing is, I guess I realized, but never REALLY realized, that not everybody is just like me. I mean, duh—I knew that. But a lot of things I do, not everyone does. Some people do, but most don’t. And I don’t understand how they can’t do those somethings, or how they can do something else. So, I am wondering, and please, if you read this, it would be quite nice if you commented back on what you do instead of what I do, or what you do that is similar to what I do (I always appreciate people who understand me…it’s one of “those things”), because I am burning with many, many curiosities (actually, just one general curiosity, but I’ve always wanted to sound 19th-century-British-literature-ish and say, “curiosities”) that I simply must have…answered…put in their place…whatever the word I’m looking for is.

Doesn’t everybody write…
….out of frustration?
….as a method of communicating what is hard to say in a conversation?
….out of pure inspiration?
….in the car when they should be going into friend’s houses by now?
….because it is the most wonderful creative outlet?
….because it seems to be the only way to show somebody you love them?
….because everything is easier said on paper?

Doesn’t everybody…
….Sit down at the piano and compose whatever is in their head or arrange a song?
….Get song ideas in the shower and then forget them when they get out?
….dream about symphonies or wake up with beautiful melodies in their head?

How can anyone not…
….completely misunderstand math?
….want to live in the middle of nowhere on beautiful rolling hills with tall trees and warm weather all the time?
….want to live their life in a musical?
….prefer reading to watching television?
….take immense delight in just watching the sun rise over a lush, green, dew-kissed meadow?
….like reading?
….like writing?
….like music and everything about it?
….want to fall in love?

Well, answer me, please. Maybe this is too short a list, or I should structure it like a very long poll or some sort of survey. But this must do for now. You see, I just got out of the shower, and thank goodness I don’t smell like some strange combination of chlorine, gasoline, grass, and all the food I ate yesterday anymore. But somehow I forgot to eat lunch, and I need to go get new lenses or something before my family and I go to the Durham Bulls game tonight, and I just remembered I have to wake up and go to class tomorrow, but at least I know the horror of the oral presentation is done. Super Honeycutt seemed to like the whole story of Beethoven’s Last Night anyway. He probably adores me for picking out such an interesting piece of music to tell about…”Midnight” by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It was kind of fun. At least I gave interesting history and stuff about the song/band, other people can really drone on forever about completely irrelevant things, and I start drawing pictures of clouds smoking pipes and ugly flowers and writing notes with the guy beside me about strange things…but different strange things than what this entry was about. Well, before I talk or write my head off, I do believe I should go, as I said I was going to *stomach growls loudly in an “AHEM!”-ish kind of way* In that case, I really should sign off.

Tootles!

~Jessica

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Since I am more like you than not, I'm just going to copy the ones I don't do....
"….in the car when they should be going into friend’s houses by now?" Just because I usually write on my computer.... so that I can easily edit it.
"….because it seems to be the only way to show somebody you love them?" I just.... don't.. write it... I dunno why. I have other ways. lol.

"….Sit down at the piano and compose whatever is in their head or arrange a song?" Sadly, I'm musically incapable of composing. :(
"….dream about symphonies or wake up with beautiful melodies in their head?" No... again, sadly.

I completely agree with all your How-can-anyone-not's.

Anonymous said...

Well if you insist:

I usually write poetry because I get these jumbled words in my head and feel like I'll go blooey if I don't get them straight! I guess that's creativity, pure inspiration and frustration combined :)
When I write stories it is for the joy of weaving my own tale and creating my own people. I also write letters alot, and I do that as a method of communicating what is hard to say in a conversation.
So basically I think I write for the same reasons you do :)

I always have tunes in my head, but they're never of my own creation...

And like Lizzie I completely agree about the how-can-anyone-not's. Except that I do not want it to be warm all the time. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...! ;)

Anonymous said...

BTW, I like your new blog layout!

Michelle said...

1. I'm not sure I write out of frustration...perhaps I write when I'm frustrated in hope of changing my mind or organizing my thoughts on a matter.

2. I can say things much better in writing.

3. I love to make up songs on the piano...but I don't think it's composing or arranging, because I never remember what I played :)

4. I most definately wake up with beautiful melodies in my head. But maybe that's because alarm clock wakes me up with songs from my ipod....:)


5. everything in the third section makes me sigh, because it's so true....except sometimes I like to watch a movies more rather than read a book:) only occasionally.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin