BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lilia

The meadow was green, full of beautiful weeds, wildflowers, wisteria and unkempt shrubbery. A miniscule waterfall poured delicately off a brown stone ridge. Moss lay in patches around the flat rocks by the shore of the stream, the sun shined as it was meant to. It showed off the radiance of all things green which were in the meadow; it shimmered on the stream, darted and danced between the waves of the waterfall.

A small girl sat on the water’s edge, feet in the water, pen in hand and a book of blank paper on her lap. Her long, wispy dark brown hair rippled as a gentle breeze whistled through the leaves of the brush. She wrote fast, intensely, and powerfully. A whippoorwill called from the top of the stone from which the waterfall descended, but this was a quiet she craved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a good story, but are you going to finish the story you posted before?? i liked that a lot~

My name is Elizabeth, said...

WISTERIA!

I like wisteria. It reminds me of Cynthia in the Mitford series...and if you haven't read the Mitford series, you should.

Anyways.

I like the snippet you shared...will you be posting more?

Jessica said...

I don't know...this was supposed to have started some great story a while back but never made it anywhere. I just liked it so I decided to post it. I'll see about finishing the other one. Just keep in mind that I will probably post many other unfinished stories in the future....I apologize if they are too interesting and you get too caught up in them, and then I just turn around and leave you the-rest-of-the-story-less. :( I guess I'm mean that way.... ;P

N said...

Oh yes, you should definitely read the Mitford books!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, wisteria reminds me of a book called BLUE, by Joyce Meyer Hostetter it has a really good story.

-Elayna-

Anonymous said...

BTW, you ought to put it onto your
'books to read one-day list.'
(I'm sure you have one of those)

-Elayna-

Jessica said...

Yes...it's my longest list yet! ;)

And don't worry, Natalie and Elizabeth...the Mitford Series is on that list as well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin