BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

A Better Understanding of the Canine Population

First and foremost I wish to apologize for the very very very very very long post before this one. I sat down to do as instructed by said “Allison”-type-person, and what do I get? A call from that “Allison”-type-person Sunday evening begging her pardon, but she didn’t mean THAT much of a blog post! At least SHE read it all, unlike SOME people around here…

So, to appease all ye olde faithful come-to-see-the-headline-and-maybe-leave-a-comment-ers, here is a considerably shorter entry in my blog (to resurrect my reputation, as well, you see). EDIT: I would like to point out a little something here. Take a look at the comments from Finally! Maybe you should all remember what you said then (and at least Michelle still appreciates me) (and that's a good thing, because I might otherwise just keep her birthday present for myself).

Today’s subject: An examination of how my mind works. Or, rather, an assumption. Actually, never mind. That’s a silly subject. Nathan said it would be really scary to have my brain for a day, and when I told Allison he said that, she agreed. *sigh* Is the entire world against me or something?

Yesterday evening, when Allison called to say that it took her two days to read my blog, Marck and I were in Petsmart buying stuff for Mitch. I was getting a little down because I really wanted to adopt the ball python and the bearded dragons, when suddenly my phone rang. It was Allison, who brightened up my day for a second, till she started complaining. HOWEVER, I was not to be stumped for long…no sir! Somehow I had wandered over to the squeak toys. It’s hard to describe what happened next, but let’s just say I found my calling in life. I especially liked the big orange-yellow rubber fish with the big eyes. Allison liked him too, but didn’t really understand that it was 200 times better if you were THERE, feeling the rubber between your fingers and seeing the cute little toy as it made an absolutely amazing squeak. Squeak doesn’t even describe it. It was the absolute ultra sensory experience. I was enthralled.

Gosh, do you know how long it is to write a short entry?

You: “This is short?”

Me: “Shut up. This is MY blog.”

I promise not to intimidate you, dear readers, so I will just say one more thing, sign off, and go make myself useful.

What if a demonic spirit was released over a small town…stealing the souls of innocent people and attempting to destroy the idea of God and Christianity? What if it were so powerful that it caused the church bell tower to suddenly collapse? What if almost falls on the two main characters and their siblings who are trying to solve the incident at hand? What if there was really cool, epic, “end of the world” music played during the collapse of the bell tower, signifying just how terrible everything is? What if I was going to write that music myself, but then it turned out someone else wrote it instead, but now I can’t use it because it’s part of the “Requiem for Evita” song from “Evita”? What if I was severely disappointed? What if I was then so blinded by that bit being perfect for the collapse that I couldn’t bring myself to write something else, because nothing can ever measure up to what it should be? What if I just forgot about writing music for it and just wrote the book like originally planned? It’s got more to it, really. Came from a dream I had in December, but the thing is that it’s quite the opposite of most stories I write. I have the middle and the end figured out, but can’t figure out quite how to start it.

Anyways, it’s nice to know that I am capable of writing epic blog posts. It’s nice to know that I don’t always do that. It’s nice to know this post is almost over, so the words won’t start coming at you with illegal weapons and banned fireworks. I’m serious…my words know better than that. They’ll stay where they’re put…right…?

So long and thanks for all the fish,
--Jessica

4 comments:

N said...

Silly Jessica...playing with the squeaky toys. :)
(Says the person show has a stuffed hedgehog that is actually a dog toy and squeaks when squeezed...)

N said...

That is...the hedgehog squeaks, not me. Although I imagine if someone or something squeezed me tight enough, I might squeak too...

Anonymous said...

I would...squeaking in unison with a squeak toy is fun...

Anonymous said...

This isn't really related, but my mom thinks that you could make a good newspaper journalist :)

Add some fun to the normal and dull news!

~Elayna~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin