BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

New Beginnings

Fall can be looked at in many different ways. Despite being very cold right now, I can easily look past that to the gorgeous colors outside my window, and the leaves whooshing around, decorating the ground with the essence of autumn. It may sound strange to see death in this light, but we all do it. The leaves are dying, true, but they smell so good and look so wonderful!


This time of the year just makes me think of beginnings for some reason. More so than spring, when everything really is coming to life. The air is so crisply fresh, the cool nights perfect for bonfires, and the time has come for cuddling up in warm sweaters, enjoying the great outdoors, or cozying up inside under a warm blanket with hot chocolate and a good book.

And this time, fall brings a real new beginning with it as well: I am leaving the comfort of the only home I've ever known....the only life I have ever known....to fly across the country for a month to write a novel under the inspiration of new experiences.

I have often wondered if I have a wandering soul. But, having never really wandered before, how am I supposed to know? But, the truth is, while I like traveling and going new places, I really like to stay in one place. While I appreciate extravagance, high adventure, new sights and sounds, etc., what I want for the rest of my earthly life is simplicity. Not simplicity as in uncomplicated or easy. But "A Simple Kind of Life" .... "Somewhere that's Green." A simple house, on a good amount of land somewhere not too far from civilization, but not too close either. Just me, my Someone, and as many kids as God blesses us with.

So, nobody fear - I'm going, but I won't be gone forever, and I certainly won't go away that often. :) I love my life and wherever it leads me, but most of all I love it here.

Just a few half awake thoughts on this lovely Monday morning.

~Jessica

4 comments:

Jonathan David Page said...

It doesn't really sound strange b/c it isn't death... trees losing leaves is the people cutting their hair.

Anyway... bon voyage, godspeed, and I hope that you enjoy yourself and your novel goes well!

Jonathan David Page said...

Y'know what? Sorry for the double post, but I just spotted a typo in my comment. In the first para, mentally replace "the" with "like". That should cause it to make more sense. :)

Jessica said...

Thanks, Johnathan! And that is quite alright...I actually figured that "trees losing their leaves is the people cutting their hair" was the British way of putting it. ;)

Anyway, on that point...yes, that's true. Good point. I guess I was likening it to how dead everything often feels in winter, with no leaves on the trees and all. But I do secretly like winter, too, so...hmm...

Jonathan David Page said...

A-ha! So you *do* like winter!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin